[Pw_forum] Is the constrain card avaible?

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Wed Sep 16 11:23:19 CEST 2009

In data 16 settembre 2009 alle ore 09:55:56, Lu Yunhao <phylyh at nus.edu.sg>
ha scritto:

> I set the constrains card in input file to constrain the distance between
> two atoms in relaxation, but the it does not work at all. I am not sure
> what's wrong. Is there anyone can help me? Thanks!
> ion_dynamics = 'bfgs',
> CONSTRAINTS

Dear Lu Yunhao,
unluckily constraints are not implemented with bfgs, they are just
ignored. I have an experimental version of the code that enforces them,
but has some problems (constraints can break symmetry, causing the code to
stop).

If you want I can give you the experimental version for you to try, or you
can use damped dynamics instead of bfgs.

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)