[Pw_forum] Pw_forum Digest, Vol 27, Issue 47

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Sep 11 15:50:41 CEST 2009

Dear Shaptrishi Sharma,
  I'm a bit confused...
  How many electrons your system has ? not 21 for sure since you have 66
atoms... so why are you focusing on the 21 Hydrogen atoms ? If you
forget about spin polarization and perform a simple non-magnetic
calculation...does it converge?
  try to face one difficulty at a time...
  Have you checked that your structure is reasonable ? if some of your
atoms end up to be unrealistically close to each other the
diagonalization routine gets crazy but the calculation would be useless
anyway. check your structure by xcrysden.

   stefano