[Pw_forum] how to pick degauss

shobhana at jncasr.ac.in shobhana at jncasr.ac.in
Mon Sep 7 11:17:04 CEST 2009

Dear U. Saibabu,

To get answers to your questions about smearing, I can suggest a few things:

1) Read Chapter 4 of Nicola Marzari's PhD thesis, available at
http://quasiamore.mit.edu/phd

2) Read previous forum postings, e.g., by Nicola Marzari on Jan 17 2008.

3) Look at my lecture slides, posted on
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/QESB09
click on the slides for lecture 2 on the first day.

4) Travel the 10 km from IISc to JNC (you can take the JNC bus, timetable
available on web) and come and ask one of my students to explain it to
you!
(Notice that I am wickedly volunteering their time, not mine....)

Shobhana