[Pw_forum] pw.x running but nothing happens

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Sun Sep 6 12:20:40 CEST 2009

On Sun, September 6, 2009 02:33, wangqj1 wrote:
>  After one day ,it still like this and no iteration has completed ,there
>  is
>  also no error was turn up .There is no error in the input file because I
>  have test it on anthoer computer which has 4 CPUs and it runs well .
>  I can't find the reason about this ,any help will be appreciated .

Dear QJ,
this is strange. But we would need more information on your hardwre
configuration in order to help you. In the mean while you can check the
behaviour of te pw.x processes with "top". E.g. if they are all runing at
100% CPU, how much memory they are taking and so on.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)