[Pw_forum] Use of wannier90.x for the calculation of Born Effective Charge

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 4 13:17:58 CEST 2009

Dear Yukihiro,

not sure if you got an answer (btw, this question might be more suited
to the
wannier mailing list) - but wouldn't it just require the calculation
with the
undisplaced Ti to be done with the exact same mesh of the displaced Ti ?

A quick and dirty approach would be moving the Ti by a tiny amount,
that essentially does not change the results for the cubic system, but is
recognized by the code as off axis. Try 0.50001 and 0.500001.

Note that BaTiO3 cubic has zero polarization, although that is not
always the
case (there is a 2007 review paper by Resta and Vanderbilt on this -
e.g. from
Vanderbilt's web site).

          nicola

tel 617.4522758 fax 2586534 marzari at mit.edu http://quasiamore.mit.edu