[Pw_forum] problem in DOS caluclattion

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Sep 3 09:25:12 CEST 2009

That's right. More precisely, when you use fixed occupations, by default pw.x selects
nbnd=nelec/2. In this way you don't know the eigenvalues for the empty states above the
gap, so the projwfc.x code cannot compute pdos for energies higher than the top of the
valence band.
You have to increase nbnd higher than half the number of (valence) electrons and repeat
the pdos calculation.

HTH

GS