[Pw_forum] nothing is written to the output file

Hong LI hongli at imr.ac.cn
Fri Oct 30 12:20:41 CET 2009

Dear users,

We are using espresso to relax the atomic structures of an alloy, there is a problem that after several days of running the size of *.out is still zero, nothing is written to the output file. If we kill the job then the output file is not empty. Some small jobs run fine, I mean the information is updated from time to time during the calculation. It seems this is just an occasional case. Does anyone here encounter similar problem before, any suggestions to solve this problem ? Many thanks.

Best wishes.
Hong