[Pw_forum] about the nelec in the outputfile

lfhuang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Wed Oct 28 08:53:54 CET 2009

Dear Duy Le:
   Thanks very much for your kind reply! Because just a small amount of charges are added to my system, so that I did not noticed the small difference in the values. Thanks very much!
Best Wishes!
Yours Sincerely
L.F.Huang

> From: Duy Le
> Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] about the nelec in the outputfile
> To: PWSCF Forum
>
> Did you check carefully? If you change the tot_charge, the number of
> electron must be charged accordingly. The starting charge is generated to be
> a non-charge system but then will be renormalized accordingly.
>
> That number 200 is the total electron in your unit cell corresponding to the
> neutral system.
> Duy Le
> PhD Student
> Department of Physics
> University of Central Florida.
>
> "Men don't need hand to do things"
------
L.F.Huang(黄良锋) ph.D candidate, DFT and phonon physics
Add: Research Laboratory for Computational Materials Sciences,
Instutue of Solid State Physics,the Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O.Box 1129, Hefei 230031, P.R.China
Tel: 86-551-5591464-328(office)
Fax: 86-551-5591434
Web: http://theory.issp.ac.cn (website of our theory group)