[Pw_forum] GW calculations

Andrea Marini Andrea.Marini at roma2.infn.it
Thu Oct 22 21:21:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, dev sharma wrote:

> I want to calculate the reflection, absorption and EEELS for the YVO4.  I
> earlier tried the epsilon.x but all the guides on this forum suggested me to
> use YAMBO. And for YAMBO , i think i have to produce result with GW
> approximation.

Ok Dev, step by step. Reflection, absorption and EELS can be computed
without performing any self-energy calculations. Moreover I strongly
suggest you to

1. post questions and doubts regarding any aspect of Yambo in the
dedicated forum on the yambo web page (www.yambo-code.org/forum). There
are several sections covering all features of the code. This is a PW
mailing list and I am not sure people will be interested in all
the technicalities of yambo.

2. start using the code on simple systems, trying to reproduce some well
known properties (like the excitonic optical absorption and/or the
quasiparticle gap correction).

So, I am looking forward to see on our forum.

Cheers

Andrea