[Pw_forum] Problem on compiling pwscf

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Oct 22 15:52:31 CEST 2009

On Oct 22, 2009, at 3:07 , JAY wrote:

> The affiliate is Cug.

???

> By the way, I want to learn more about how to switch the options in
> make.sys,
> but I cannot find any document that can help. Is there some?

there are pages and pages in the user guide (in Doc/) about compilation.
See also the make.sys file itself.

> The system is FC10, the kernel is 2.6.27.35-170.2.94.fc10.x86_64

It is not the kernel or the operating system that compiles a code: it
is the compiler.
Do you have working compilers? apparently not, since configure says so.
Problem solved: you cannot compile anything, until you fix your
compiler(s)

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222