[Pw_forum] lelfield

Jiri Houska jhouska at kfy.zcu.cz
Wed Oct 21 10:17:34 CEST 2009

Dear users,
(1) I successfully performed a relax calculation (gamma point only) on
a 64-atom amorphous system.

(2) After introducing an electric field:

    lelfield=.true.,
    gdir=1,
    nppstr=1,
    nberrycyc=1,
    efield=0.0001,

(same directory, from scratch), I experienced the famous problem "
from davcio : error # 10 error while reading from file". Yes, I now
that it has been posted many times but for my life I do not see a
solution in the answers: the problem is reproducible, I have
permissions and disc quota, the only thing which changed are the 5
lines above.

When trying " disk_io='low' ", the error changed from davcio to " from
h_epsi_her : error #256 error in zgefa "

Thanks for an advice,
Jiri Houska
University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic