[Pw_forum] lapack and BLAS

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Tue Oct 20 10:31:42 CEST 2009

In data 17 ottobre 2009 alle ore 20:15:40, dev sharma <decboy9 at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> can anybody help in installing LAPACK and BLIS libraries. I downloaded
> the lapack-3.2.1 and BLAS libraries. I want to use EXE code for which
> BLASis required. I dont know, how to install or use these libraries.
> Please help
> and guide me. when i tried to make BLAS and LAPACK i got

Dear Dev,
BLAS and LAPACK are already included in the Quantum-ESPRESO distribution,
you don't need to install them separately. Nevertheless it is better to
use platform-specific high-performance libraries such as mkl (intel), acml
(amd), essl (ibm power), sun performance libraries (sun sparc). Or, at
least, the automatically-tuned open-source ATLAS libraries, which are a
bit difficult to compile, but can often perform as good as commercial ones.

In general, if you have problems with a specific library you should
contact the developers of the library itself, which are definitely more
experienced than us on the matter. Finally, this kind of libraries are
normally well known and widely used, hence a simple google search will
give you hundreds of help pages, addressing you very issue.

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)