[Pw_forum] k points in epsilon.x

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Tue Oct 13 09:30:39 CEST 2009

First:

    Andrea Ferretti is Sir, Layla Martin Samos is Madam, not the opposite...

dev sharma wrote:
> Dear Madam,
>
> May be my question was not clear to all. originally my question was the
> same . That as u suggested do a scf and then  a nscf with the nbnd and
> regular mesh of k points. What i want to know , that in nscf calculation
> i have to give
> kpoints {automatic}
> 4 4 4
> or like
> Kpoints
> 72
> 0 0 0
> 0 0.1 0
> /
> /
> 0.5 0 0
>
> and i asked that if i have to give k points in second option, How to
> give that ????  can i give these 72 k points generated by the scf
> output  ????

Second:

Many people has already replied you, giving different possible solutions to your problem.
I'm quite astonished that after a dozen of mails we have not been able to close this
thread. Maybe there is some problem in communication/understanding which I cannot capture.
I summarize what are the possible solutions if you still want to use epsilon.x and don't
want to try Yambo or SaX and co.
In the nscf run, either use

nosym=.TRUE.
noinv=.TRUE.

K_POINTS AUTOMATIC
4 4 4 0 0 0

Such that the code will NOT use symmetry to reduce the 4x4x4 k-point mesh.

Or use:

nosym=.TRUE.

K_POINTS CRYSTAL

and then append a list of k-points corresponding to a 4x4x4 regular grid of key points
that you can easily generate either using the piece of code given by Layla, or adapting
the code in pwtools/kpoints.f or PW/kpoint_grid.f90.

Obviously you must test for convergence with respect to the BZ sampling (i.e. number of
k-points)

HTH

GS