[Pw_forum] Relax calculation not converging

Duy Le ttduyle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:13:31 CEST 2009

If it is not converged, and you restart it again without any modification
(or dirty trick), it should not be converged.
1. Grep total energy of last few iteration, if they are converging, you may
change the electron_maxstep to 200, 300, 5000 :) or you may increase the
conv_th (after getting the relaxed structure, restart the calculation with
new structure and read the potential, wavefunction, lower the conv_th...)
2. Play with Mixing_mode and mixing_beta
3. Change diagonalization

Duy Le
PhD Student
Department of Physics