[Pw_forum] worth recompiling ?

Boris Skegin skegin at ph2.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 7 14:31:22 CEST 2009

Hallo.

I managed to compile espresso-4.1 on our Linux PC cluster using
 intel/9.1
 mkl/9.1
vltmpi/mvapich_0.9.4

as it is said in
http://www.pwscf.org/user_guide/node13.html#SECTION00036600000000000000 :

"The latest (July 2006) 32-bit version of ifort 9.1 works flawlessy."

And espresso-4.1 does work in the parallel version on our cluster, at
least, if checked with simple examples.

Besides intel/9.1 and mkl/9.1 we have also

intel/11.0
intel/10.0
intel/10.1

mkl/10.0
mkl/10.1
mkl/9.1

As I have some free time now, I'd like to ask you if it is worth to
recompile, say, with intel/11.0 and mkl/10.0  in order  to  achieve even
better performance for complicated jobs?

Regards,
Boris Skegin

--
Telefon: +49-(0)221-470-6392