[Pw_forum] write on local disk

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Tue Oct 6 23:51:14 CEST 2009

On Tue, October 6, 2009 23:00, vtmtrinh at caltech.edu wrote:
>  If I would like to write wavefunction files on local disk (to avoid
>  network file system daemon), besides creating scratch directory in each
>  node, do I need to do additional configuration.

Dear MyTrinh,
the outdir variable, or at least the wfcdir variable, must point to the
local scratch directory: their default value is $HOME/tmp.

You can also use disk_io='none' to completely prevent the output of
wavefunctions to disk. It may see a drastic solution, but if you don't
have the possibility to restart an interrupted job on the same nodes it
does not really make much difference.

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto