[Pw_forum] Error building q-e 4.1 with Ubuntu 9.10 beta

Miguel Martínez miguel.martinez at ehu.es
Tue Oct 6 10:14:38 CEST 2009

Hello again,

First, thanks for all the comments. And following the advice to move
the include statement together with the other include allows q-e to
build successfully on ubuntu 9.10. I've run a few examples and all
seems fine. Please note that compiling under ubuntu 9.04 was fine.

Back on topic, the code bits mentioned by James
inside /usr/include/bits/stdio.h are exactly the same in my copy of
that file under Ubuntu 9.10 and in a Debian Testing pc. I fear it's
just a change in the strictness of gcc.

Regards,

Miguel

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 19:16:27 +0200 "Lorenzo Paulatto"
<paulatto at sissa.it> wrote:
> In data 05 ottobre 2009 alle ore 18:54:25, James J Ramsey
> <jjr19 at zips.uakron.edu> ha scritto:
> > The #include statement is *inside* a function, and while I'm no
> > expert in C, I think that explains the error messages about nested
> > functions declared "extern".
>
> I think you are right, I've moved the #include outside the function
> (i.e. just under the other include) on my copy QE and it *still*
> works, could you please try to see if it solves the problem in ubuntu
> 9.04?
>
> best regards

Miguel Martínez Canales
   Condensed Matter Physics Dpt.
   UPV/EHU
   Faculty of Science and Technology
   Apdo. 644
   48080 Bilbao (Spain)
Fax:  +34 94 601 3500
Tlf:  +34 94 601 5326

 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and
 we exchange these apples then you and I will
 still each have one apple. But if you have an
 idea and I have an idea and we exchange these
 ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

 George Bernard Shaw