[Pw_forum] Band structure calculation

Bertrand SITAMTZE siyouber at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 5 17:50:36 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I which to calculate the Band structure for an ionic conductor. But it seems as there is something wrong.The structure has 222 electrons and 133 kohn-sham states. The problem is that I dont know if I have to indicate the number of bounds (nbnd) during the band calculation.
According to me, I should allow it and the code will consider it as the half of electrons(Which could be very high in this case). But when I do  that, the code runs until the line:

"Band structure calculation"

and continue running without writing anything

Please can somebody give me some hint about this?

Bertrand SITAMTZE YOUMBI
Laboratory of material Sciences
Department of Physics
University of Yaoundé I-Cameroon