[Pw_forum] Projected DOS

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Oct 1 08:52:20 CEST 2009

Dear Yongduo Liu,

刘永铎 wrote:
> Dear all
>

>       Does any body know what is the setting of Wigner Seitz radii in
> the DOS projection/?

I don't think there is such parameter in the program which computes Projected DOS
(projwfc.x), since it uses atomic wavefunctions to build the projections. These
wavefunctions extend over the whole space (although, for practical purposes, they may be
considered to be vanishing far enough from the atom - and its periodic replicas - on which
they are centered), hence the overlap between a KS eigenstate and an atomic wavefunction
is computed by integrating their product over the whole unit-cell.

Regards,

GS