[Pw_forum] Do you think QE could benefit from the Hyper-ThreadingTech of XEON 5500 series?

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou at nju.edu.cn
Mon Nov 30 03:47:34 CET 2009

Hyper-threading usually lowers the performance by 5-15% in HPC environment,
you'd better turn it off. HT benefits applications in enterprise environment where
the CPU usage is about 15-25% so that a physical CPU core can handle two
threads effectively in a time-sharing way.

Huiqun Zhou
@Earth Sciences, Nanjing University, China