[Pw_forum] graphene scf calculation

Derek Stewart stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Wed Nov 11 15:55:09 CET 2009

Hi Koroteev,

Just to follow up on some of the other suggestions, I would encourage you to use a very fine k-point grid in the graphene plane.  For spare k-point meshes in the graphene plane, the calculated density of states will actually have a small band gap (which shouldn't occur in graphene).  This probably won't affect your scf convergence, but it will be important for calculated physical properties.

Best regards,

Derek

Derek Stewart, Ph. D.
Scientific Computation Associate