[Pw_forum] e: "cannot open xml_recover file for writing"

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Nov 10 13:42:02 CET 2009

Cristian Degli Esposti Boschi wrote:

> I also suspect that it is due to a different directory
> structure in version 4.1, so I encourage to report
> a bug as suggested by Paolo Giannozzi. Otherwise I will
> do it as soon as I have completed one more check...

thank you. I had again a look it at, and ADC as well (he
knows better than anybody else phonon restarting). It seems
to work (unless the file is corrupted, which occasionally
happens, especially if stopping execution with control-C
as I was doing), also in parallel execution.

I had the "xml error" a few days ago and didn't understand why;
now I cannot reproduce it any longer. The directory structure
has changed (after my insistance on not overwriting data from
self-consistency) but the restart mechanism was changed
accordingly. Maybe it happens in some specific cases, but it is
hard to say until one finds which specific cases

P.