[Pw_forum] HI

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Tue Nov 10 10:03:10 CET 2009

Dear Mohsen,

   first of all, in this forum we encourage people to sign their mails and put their
affiliation. We will be grateful to you!

   Inspecting your input file, I saw plenty of pw input keywords that I didn't even know
that actually existed... seriously: one good thing of using namelists for input is that
you need to specify only the parameters that you need to change. For the others the
default is usually good, or at least it is better not to change them unless you know
exactly what you are doing.

   On the other hand some parameters need to be changed (to check for numerical accuracy,
for instance). Two of these are the plane waves cutoff of the wavefunctions and the charge
density. In your file I found:

                      ecutwfc = 5 ,
                      ecutrho = 5 ,

Which are very low values and moreover not compatible. ecutrho must be at least 4*ecutwfc
  (this is the default and it is fine for normconserving PPs, while for ultrasoft you may
need much higher ratio ecutrho/ecutwfc, which is also called "dual")

HTH

GS