[Pw_forum] "cannot open xml_recover file for writing"

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Sun Nov 8 16:03:02 CET 2009

On Nov 7, 2009, at 21:22 , shu xu wrote:

> So I guess the phonon restarting problem is probably because the
> program cannot locate the multiple xml files in _phSC.phsave
> directory or two data-file.xml files with the same name exist on
> SC.save and _phSC.phsave directiory.
>
> Anyone has an idea to fix this bug?

if you are really convinced that there is a bug, please file a bug
report
(see http://qe-forge.org/tracker/?atid=133&group_id=10) with a
description
of the exact conditions leading to incorrect behavior and a
(preferrably small)
test job. I couldn't see anything obviously wrong in phonon restart.

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222