[Pw_forum] wave functions extrapolated written in outdir

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Nov 6 22:33:36 CET 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 13:19 , Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin wrote:

> It seems that the wfc extrapolation is conflicting with disk_io= none.

quite likely: disk_io='none' is useful only for "one-shot" calculations,
when you are interested only in quantities that are printed on output.
Maybe this should be clearly stated in the documentation.

> the code writes the wave functions (*.oldwfc and *.old2wfc*) in
> outdir,
> instead of wfcdir. Should them be written in wfcdir ?

I think so. The problem is that little-used and little-known options are
also little-tested...

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222