[Pw_forum] Particular Phonon mode

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Nov 5 17:24:58 CET 2009

Bipul Rakshit wrote:
> Dear PWscf users,
> I am doing gamma Phonon calculation on LaMnO3. Since the unit cell
> contain 20 atoms, so at gamma i am getting 60 frequencies (3 acoustic
> modes ~ 0)
>
> If I am just interested in just the first three frequencies ( the
> acoustic modes), what changes i have to made in the input file.

You could try to specity nrapp=1 in the namelist and add a line containing the index of
the representation you are interested in. I suppose that acoustic modes should be done
first and should fall in one single representation, so that you can add
  1

at the end of the input file.
I'm not sure if this is the correct way, so look carefully to what you will obtain on output.

HTH

GS