[Pw_forum] question about the format of gam.lines generated by matdyn.x

mat yu.xie at mat.ethz.ch
Sat May 23 21:01:57 CEST 2009

Dear all pwscf users:

I tried to use QE for el-ph coupling calculations. I compiled espresso-4.0.5 on the cluster and the examples were all ok.

When I was doing my own project, I got some problems with the format of 'gam.lines' file which generated by matdyn.x.

The error message is like the following:

 PGFIO-F-235/formatted write/unit=20/edit descriptor does not match item type.
 File name = gam.lines    formatted, sequential access   record = 6
 In source file matdyn.F90, at line number 1801

It seems like the description of gamma(:,: ) has some problems.

Does anyone has some experiences with this problem?

I'm very appreciated for your help!

Have a nice weekend.

Yu Xie