[Pw_forum] monoclinic cell definition question

Jonas Baltrusaitis jasius_1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 00:03:04 CEST 2009

Wow, talk about comprehensive

Let me summarize it (mainly so I am sure I understand correctly)

say my cif file says"

 a=2; b=3; c=4; alpha=90; beta=123; gamma=90

So If I move it into  pwscf, they would become:

a=4; b=2; c=3, alpha=90; beta=90; gamma=123

ADDIONALLY
(cif) to (pwscf)
x=y
y=z
z=a

the latter is the part I didn't quite get: do we move coords as well?

thanks for your help

Jonas