[Pw_forum] elastic properties of orthorhombic structure

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 12:48:06 CEST 2009

Dear Kalami,

Of course, you can do that in QE (pscf), but applying strains and calculating total energies for these strained lattices.
There is no direct way to calculate elastic constants in QE (I mean prepare an input file and submit a job).
Please find the paper "First principles elastic constants and electronic structure of \alpha-Pt2Si and PtSi, O. Beckstein, J.E. Klepeis, G.L.W. Hart, and O.Pankratov" in Phys.Rev.B or cond-mat in arXiv.org (0008200v2) about strains to be applied.

Please do not forget provide your affiliation.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com