[Pw_forum] dos

Jonas Baltrusaitis jasius_1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 18:40:42 CEST 2009

affirmative. we are on the same track.

this is so cool, thanks whomever showed this paper. I'll break down my molecular crystals into several components, such as "pyridine ring C2s", "hydroxyl O2s" etc. that will give wealth of information

I've been meaning to ask but due to my inherent (_cough_) shyness didn't. In calculated PDS files, what's a ldos(E) and how it differs from pdos(E)?

Furthermore, for p orbitals I get ldos and three pdos. I honestly went through DOS manuals but couldn't figure that out. At a risk of being referred to older post in the forum, I would ask clarification on what those mean

thanks

JOnas