[Pw_forum] dos

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Mon May 4 17:55:28 CEST 2009

Jonas: I am afraid that what you want to obtain does not make much
sense. The angular character of any molecular (or Bloch) state depends
on the origin of your reference system. What is "s-like" with respect
to one point has an infinite number of angular components with respect
to a different point. Are you sure you want to add "what is s-like in
Iowa" with "what is s-like in Italy" ??? ;-)
Stefano

On May 4, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Jonas Baltrusaitis wrote:

> I just successfully calculated DOS and PDOS of a very large system.
> One thing that confuses me is the presence of s, p components to
> PDOS for every atom, but not summed (or averaged) s and p
> contribution of all system. I would be happy to find in my output
> total DOS, PDOS s character and PDOS p character. Is there a way to
> get that instead of contribution per every atom? Or how do I proceed
> to get s and p PDOS for all system by manually processing all of my
> 76 atoms PDOS outputs?..
>
> thanks
>
> Jonas Baltrusaitis
> University of Iowa

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale
de la pensée - Jean Piaget