[Pw_forum] introducing QE-forge

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Mon Mar 30 19:09:11 CEST 2009

Hi All!

The Quantum ESPRESSO community is growing. We want it to be free,
creative, altruistic. Free to develop new applications to enhance the
functionalities of QE and to make it interoperable with other
scientific software. Creative: new developments will allow to
calculate properties and to simulate processes that have been so far
unaccessible to computer modeling. Altruistic: we encourage all the
users/developers to share their own developments with the entire
community, and to submit their scientific software to the feedback of
the community.

The QE-forge portal is a new service that the members of our community
can utilize not only to download the latest releases of the QE
distribution and related software, but also (and above all, I would
say), to allow everyone to open their QE-related project, to maintain
it using state-of-the art repository tools, and to share it with other
users/developers.

QE-forge provides, through a user-friendly web interface, an
integrated development environment, whereby researchers can freely
upload, manage and maintain their own software, while retaining a full
control over it, including the right of not releasing it. The services
so far available include source-code management software (CVS or SVN
repository), mailing lists, public forums, bug tracking facilities,
download space, and wiki pages for projects documentation. QE-forge is
expected to become the main tool by which QUANTUM ESPRESSO end users
and external contributors can maintain QE-related projects and make
them available to the community.

Visit http://qe-forge.org

Happy QE-forging!

Stefano Baroni

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale
de la pensée - Jean Piaget