[Pw_forum] a not reasonable initial path for NEB calculation

lfhuang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Mon Mar 30 01:53:46 CEST 2009

Dear Paolo Giannozzi and Prasenjit Ghosh:
    Thank you for your kind attention!
    I view the initial path in xcrysden, which should mean this is not related to the QE version (am I right?), And
there are some C atoms even displace over several lattice constants or substituted by the H adatom. From other
literatures, the H atom should diffuse along the C-C bond, based on which I added 3-7 intermediate images, but
that doesn't make any different!
    Although in the first and last images, as P. Giannozzi mentioned, the C atoms are somewhat distorted by the
H adatom, the displacement of them are small (less than 0.5 angstroms, the lattice constant is 2.5).
    So I want to ask, when you meet this kind of failure of the interpolation for the initial path, what would you
do to get an reasonable one? Thanks!

Best Wishes!

Yours Sincerely
L. F. Huang

------
L.F.Huang(黄良锋) lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Add: Research Laboratory for Computational Materials Sciences,
Instutue of Solid State Physics,the Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O.Box 1129, Hefei 230031, P.R.China
Tel: 86-551-5591464-328(office)
Fax: 86-551-5591434
Web: http://theory.issp.ac.cn (website of our theory group)