[Pw_forum] I can't print my bands

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 01:10:31 CET 2009

Dear Pieremanuele,

First of all, I would recommend you reading some textbooks on Solid State Physics, as you have to know some basics to do such kind calculations.
Quite recently I put a reply with a list of textbooks (only authors' name were mentioned) and reading (at least, one) of them is highly appreciated.

If you can not understand what is a metal, semicondcutor (insulator), valence bands, conductivity bands, the Fermi level, band gap, density of states,  then you will never understand what you are doing. In fact, these special terms are keywords to solve your particular problem with the band gap.

I think this way (reading textbooks) is much more fruitful and convinient for you rather than I will tell you how to do it "mechanically" (not quantum-).

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com