[Pw_forum] Line 325 in bands_FS.f90

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 26 21:00:07 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 12:34 -0700, Paul M. Grant wrote:
> While running bands_FS.x (espresso-4.0 distro) on the output of an PW
> nscf non-spin-polarized job, I get the following error:
>
> At line 325 of file bands_FS.f90
>
> Fortran runtime error: Bad real number in item 5 of list input

paul,

please check your input carefully with hexdump to make
sure you have no non-ascii characters in there. with some
fonts it is hard to tell. i'm attaching a wrapper script that
i use myself, which is little bit easier to read (at least for
me, as it emulates the hexdumper display that i was
using back in the days when i was hacking 6502 processors
which almost broke the 1MHz barrier...). i miss begin able
to fix bugs in running programs by replacing goto opcodes
with NOPs... ;-)

cheers,
   axel.