[Pw_forum] Do you think Intel I7 series could improve the parallel efficiency

vega lew quantumdft at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:52:29 CET 2009

Dear sir,

thank you for your information. I'll check the benchmark on your website.

I'm very glad to hear I7 greatly promote the performance of QE. We will
consider it. could you please

tell me how much does your computer with I7 tech. cost?

vega

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Nicola Marzari <marzari at mit.edu> wrote:

> We have some tests for a 4-core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz under:
>
> http://quasiamore.mit.edu/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.SWTTimings
>
> This is a very informal page (so skip most of the stuff, and just
> look at Machine 4, and the AgI CP tests. These are standard
> tests we perform, and that are detailed more broadly in
> http://quasiamore.mit.edu/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.CP90Timings  ).
>
> Note that the tests above were done on a remote machine that
> was poorly ventilated.
>
> I think Davide Ceresoli might have some more recent results on
> a 4-core extreme edition at 3.xx GHz . Davide, could you
> add those to the wiki ?
>
> The Xeons are coming out next week, indeed (2 cpus on the
> same motherboard).
>
> But our impression was that the improved bandwidth made it very
> much worth going for the i7.
>

>                        nicola

Vega Lew ( weijia liu)
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Email: vegalew at gmail.com
Office: Room A705, Technical Innovation Building, Xinmofan Road 5#, Nanjing,
Jiangsu, China