[Pw_forum] Spacing in band structure

Naol Regassa greatnaol at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:37:27 CET 2009

Hello everyone

We were drawing band structure for the hexagonal crystal structure
along the path Г-M-K-Г-A. when I want to make the spacing between M-K
narrower and  Г-M wider, I increase the number of k-points along Г-M
and decrease the k-points from M-K but it didn't work. No matter what
density of k-points I made the spacing between the high symmetry
points does not vary the way that I want? Is this related with the
application that I am using i.e 'Image Magic'  What do you advice me
then? On the way let me add one question. How can remove the dots on
the band structure so that it will be smooth?
NB: I am facing the same problem on the phonon dispersion.

Naol
Addis Ababa University, Materials science programe
East Africa (Ethiopia)