[Pw_forum] questions about the peseudopotential for potassium titanate

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 24 17:12:34 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 05:05 +0100, Stefano de Gironcoli wrote:
> Dear Vega,
>

>    THe pseudo K.pz-sp-van.UPF has been generated with the vanderbilt
> code. you   can
> likely find the corresponding input in the Vanderbilt website.
>    It should be easy to modify it by replacing the LDA PZ functional with pw91.

stefano,

unfortunately, it is not that easy. the vdb atomic code requires a
different polynomial fitting procedure for GGAs than for LDA. one has
to tweak the input a little bit more and most of the time, also include
some additional constraints to avoid unphysical negative densities as a
result of the different fitting. once you have one GGA functional, you
can usually regenerate all of them with the same parameters, as well as
an LDA potential.

cheers,
   axel.