[Pw_forum] SCF correction compared to forces is too large, reduce conv_thr

Asha gupta toashagupta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 04:52:45 CET 2009

Dear Stefano,
    i am using the following:
&system:  ibrav=0, nat= 98, ntyp=4, ecutwfc = 30.0,ecutrho =
180.0,occupations='smearing', smearing='methfessel-paxton',
degauss=0.003,nbnd=500,
&electrons: conv_thr = 1.0e-5,mixing_beta = 0.1,
K_points sampling: 4  4  4  0  0  0,
the system is insulator and non-magnetic for sure. the number of bands are
little higher than what is actually required for an insulator. Tha same k
points sampling for smaller similar system gave  results which tallies well
reported data.
  Shall i stop the calculation or let it run to completion? after compleion,
then i can take the new refined data as my input and reduced conv_thr and
re-run the calculation again.
regards
artee
department of physics