[Pw_forum] compiling QE4.1

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Mar 12 09:13:35 CET 2009

Carlo Nervi wrote:

> But I'm still not convinced that MPI is working 100% as it
> should be (1500 s for the tests using a 8-core Xeon 5345).

tests are not made for benchmarking, even less for parallel
execution: most of them are small and may take more time
in parallel than in serial execution. As explained by Axel
no less than 36 times, running parallel codes in multicore
PCs can be tricky.

> By the way, in one of my tests, using ./configure the
> make.sys wrote FDFLAGS instead of FFLAGS. I was using
> several switches, like LIBDIR, F90, F77, CC...

and what should one get from such a vague statement?

Paolo