[Pw_forum] fixed spin moment calculation

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Mar 12 08:48:57 CET 2009

Dear Yumin Qian,

    There's something strange in this output. I think that atom number 5 should be a Ni
one, since you were interested in the magnetization of that species, but then, why is the
charge around that atom only about 2.5? Ni should have 10 electrons in valence, so I would
expect to get a number around 10 for the charge (unless the atom goes in a very ionized
state, but that seems highly unprobable to me).
Are you sure PPs and all the rest is OK?

GS

--

| Gabriele Sclauzero, PhD Student                  |