[Pw_forum] newbie update

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Mar 5 18:51:30 CET 2009

Carlo Nervi wrote:

> Total wall time (s) spent in this run:  5274.73
> Reference                            :  720.04
>
> There are few discrepancies, but they seems reasonables..
> or not?

they do. What doesn't seem reasonable to me is 2 1/2 h for
a series of tests that take 12 min not on the "ExaFlop
Machine", but on a rather standard 3GHz IntelCore2 E6850
(the one I have in front). There is something really
strange in your setup.

> P.S.: I hope I did not post a message too much long...

messages longer tha 40Kb are blocked by the mailing list
software, so no, you didn't :-)

Paolo