[Pw_forum] Stress calculation in quantum espresso

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou at nju.edu.cn
Tue Jun 30 13:27:20 CEST 2009

Thanks, Lorenzo, for your quick action. Anyway, English is not
our mother tongue(^o^)

BTW, there are other items need to check:
(1) ion_dynamics
 add 'bfgs' for the case of calculation = 'vc-relax'
(2) pot | wfc_extrapolation
 please clarify if 'first_order', 'second_order' can be used in calculations
 other than 'md' or 'vc-md'. I used these options in 'relax' and 'vc-relax'
 without any errors, too. Of course, I don't know if these were really in
 effect.
(3) ecfixed, qcutz and q2sigma
 in the original paper, the framework is an extension of PR dynamics to
 CP. Please clarify if these are effective in other dynamics (damp-w, bfgs).
 If possible, suggest a guide line how to set these options (there is only
 one example of carbon in the paper), say, qcutz should be at least N (2?)
 times of ecfixed, ecfixed should be ecutwfc plus alpha (5 Ry or so?),
 q2sigma should be one N-th of qcutz ...

Sorry for adtional requests.

Huiqun Zhou
@Earth Sciences, Nanjing University, China