[Pw_forum] Stress calculation in quantum espresso

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Mon Jun 29 17:19:12 CEST 2009

In data 29 giugno 2009 alle ore 17:15:26, Dimpy Sharma
<dimpy.sharma at tyndall.ie> ha scritto:
> I want to calculate stress for a system using quantum espresso, I know
> that setting tstress=true in the first namelist $ control,

Dear Dimpy,
that's all you need to do. If you set tstress=.true. the stress tensor
will be computed and printed, no matter the kind of calculation. If you
are doin a variable-cell optimization (vc-md or vc-relax) it will than be
used to optimize the cell, otherwise it will just be printed and ignored.

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)