[Pw_forum] restart-mod

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Jun 15 08:48:53 CEST 2009

In the normal usage of restart mode (e.g. when a job has been stopped because the elapsed
time as reached the value specified in max_seconds, which you usaually take a bit smaller
than the walltime of your job on a cluster), you simply make this change in the input file:

from_scratch -> restart

and launch the job again. The first input file does not need anything special, you simply
describe your system and cutoffs and pwscf will save all needed data by default in the
directories already mentioned by Lorenzo.

GS