[Pw_forum] Problem with running CP

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 12 00:07:37 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 15:01 -0700, Amos Leffler wrote:
> Dear Axel,
>         If what you suggest that the problem with my file is in the
> the "bin/sh" statement which does the program run properly with the
> file from example18?

amos,

good point. nevertheless, you must not remove the EOF entries.
they are essential and that is what probably threw me off-track.

>         Another person sent me the output when he ran my file and it
> did give a large number of errors all saying that the lines below EOF

that e-mail is a complete fluke, since that person was obviously
running the script as input to cp.x and not as a shell script
in the proper location.

> were ignored.  I did get an error message saying that the program
> expected celldm(1) but I thought this was not used with ibrav =0. ?

please have a closer look at INPUT_CP.

you are placing the CELL_PARAMETERS section _before_ ATOMIC_SPECIES,
whereas the input description requires it to come _after_
ATOMIC_POSITIONS. if you do not follow the input syntax,
calculations won't start.

cheers,
   axel.