[Pw_forum] Request: Help needed in parallel compilation of 4.0.5

Gowtham sgowtham at mtu.edu
Mon Jun 1 19:12:36 CEST 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

We, in our research group, are trying to compile
parallel version of Quantum Espresso v4.0.5 on
our beowulf linux cluster.

Several of our attempts over the past couple weeks
have failed. Even when parallel compilation seems
to have succeeded, we notice no difference in
performance between serial & parallel runs.

If the fellow users of Quantum Espresso could please
guide as with configure/Makefile tips/tricks, we
will greatly appreciate it.

The cluster is 64-bit, built using NPACI ROCKS
software along with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It
has Intel v9.1 compilers, with which we have compiled
several other programs (VASP/SIESTA/SMEAGOL) and
they all seem to be running fine with SGE job
submission engine.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Best regards,
Gowtham

--
Gowtham