[Pw_forum] how to keep mails in the same thread

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Tue Jul 28 18:05:36 CEST 2009

In data 28 luglio 2009 alle ore 18:00:53, Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin
<eariel99 at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> I made a question yesterday. There are replies in the same thread, but
> after my reply, there are two threads in the Forum archive. Then it will
> be hard to trace this issue in the future.

If a mail is a reply or not does not depend on the subject, but on the
"In-Reply-To" header, which lists the full message id (for your first
message: <be564dcb0907270844o342c6370v2bb2845793734974 at mail.gmail.com>).

> It has happened to me before and I do not discover the correct way yet
> :-((.

It is a problem with your email client or your webmail. If you are using
gmail webmail, it may be easily google that has misconfigured it (they do
the same for usenet groups groups.google.com...), but I have never tested
it myself.

cheers

--
Lorenzo Paulatto