[Pw_forum] Fwd: Mixed MPI-OpenMP

Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin eariel99 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:28:54 CEST 2009

Hi,
I read the following in Paolo's announcement of version 4.1

 * mixed openMP-MPI parallelization: both CP and PWscf have been
   demonstrated to run on 65536 processors

1) How should one compile and run? I could not find it on the manual.

2)  Could someone, please, suggest a strategy to mix OpenMP and MPI
efficiently? How many OpenMP threads per node, how many MPI processes per
node? Just not to begin experimenting from the ground. For a test case, I
have a cluster infiniband-connected, where each node have two Quadcore
Xeons, i.e., 8 cores per node.

Thanks,

--
Eduardo Menendez