[Pw_forum] Error: insufficient virtual memory

Padmaja Patnaik padmaja_patnaik at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 09:28:30 CEST 2009

Dear All

I am running espresso-4.0.5. I am doing scf and dos calculations for a super cell. Its Linux machine. Scf part is done and then for the dos calculations it says, insufficient virtual memory and the job stops automatically. I have given Gamma point calculation for scf and minimum possible k-points and number of bands are taken. This calculation i have done many times in different machine. I wonder whats wrong in this machine.
Can anybody suggest how can i increase the virtual memory? Or else is there any toher wat to deal with this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Padmaja Patnaik

Research Scholar